Monday, September 24, 2012

Hi-Tec Yeti Hiking Boots


Hi-Tec Yeti 2 200 Hiking Boots

I thought that for the next few posts, I might write a bit further about hiking boots and shoes. I know we started talking about them the other day, but I felt as if I had not really given my reader's a broad spectrum to compare and/or choose from. I never try to persuade, just provide helpful information. There are so many out there, but I will speak only of the ones I have used or that friends have used. That being said, today's subject is going to start with a boot, well known for it's waterproof and ankle support capabilities. The Hi-Tec Yeti 2 200. First of all, this company is right here in the U.S. of A. This particular boot, though listed as a "casual boot" is anything but. Even the number 200 in the name is synonymous with it's design (a full 200 G of Thermolite insulation).

Hi-Tec Men's Yeti Ii 200...So, let's get to it. This is an insulated boot, but the inner liner is removable if needed. I start with an insulated boot, because winter is fast approaching and believe you me, winter does not slow my hiking unless it's a blizzard out there. The boot provides great ankle support, while giving you a good range of motion. (note the angling cut around the back ankle part of the boot) Something else to think about, the removable liner can be kept inside your sleeping bag overnight, so that it helps warm your boot in the morning.

The high cut look of these boots, utilizes a combination of Microfiber, Nylon and Nubuck leather for the uppers, with a molded heel and forefoot, to present you with not only durability, but comfort and insulation from the elements. The removable, waterproof bootie (is more of a sock really) is actually a memory liner and also helps reduce odors. The full seam sealed construction, is what keeps the weather out. Your feet will stay warm and dry.

The Outsole (tread)  of this boot is even hi-tec. By that, I mean it's made from siped ( small cuts across the rubber for added traction in ice and snow ) Anti-freeze MDT carbon rubber for an aggressive lug style tread. This combination, gives you improved footing in winter weather. Trust me, all the hi-tec stuff aside? These boots will keep your feet warm and dry whether you are climbing those mountain rocks or hiking the forest trails.
Next up in this series, a shot article on North Face's Back to Berkeley Boots. Thanks for reading and I'll see you on the trail

No comments:

Post a Comment