Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bass Fishing in the Spring - Mighty Bite Lures are my choice


What to use in the spring
Everyone has their favorite rig for catching Bass, and I'm no different. I like to put something in the water, that will number one, xxcite the fish. Number two, it will excite them enough to trigger the 'strike' mode. Some folks prefer plastics. Truth is, what you use is dependent upon the water, it's clarity, it's temperature and it's depth, time of day, etc.


If it's muddy and you're fishing in the daylight? Use brightly colored baits (we'll get to what 'kind' of bait in a bit) but if the water is clear, you can fish the clock around. I fish from midnight to dawn. (the time of moonrise and moon set) In the spring, Bass will move to the shallower waters to feed, mostly on sunfish and on crawfish especially. Really, they are opportunistic fish and will strike about anything if they are hungry and will feed in shallow waters. 

I'm always alert for the spawning beds or areas with a lot of cover and fish in there with a top bait. With the spawn over, the Bass will begin feeding heavily on any bait fish. Take advantage.
 
To catch the big ones, I have learned that the bigger and clunkier the bait? The better the Bass will strike. (I found this out during a Striped Bass derby in Arizona) Bass will strike at most anything that resembles food to them. One rig I use for this is the Mighty Bite Lure. Fish work off five main senses. Sight, (looks like a wounded bait fish) sound (the rattles) smell, (scent sticks) feel (the lure even feels like a bait fish) and taste (again, the scent stick will draw them in)

It's a complete system that's proven to be effective on most any predatory fish, Bass included. The lure set up comes complete with everything I need, including various sizes and many interchangeable parts. What that means to you and I, is that I can change the scent stick or swim fins to create more or less scent being left in the water and what type of movement I want from my lure.
The Mighty Bite kit even contains hooks with weed guards for thick cover or for fishing on, near or along the bottom.
The lure itself looks and acts like a wounded bait fish (easy prey for a 'dinner minded' Bass) I have to say, that the overall setup can drive the fish crazy.  

If fished right for the conditions, this lure will generate that DNA triggered  'strike mode'  I spoke of earlier. Bass strike hard on this lure.

It's a complete system with simple easy to read instructions on how to use.......and fish the Mighty Bite System.
Next up:  The Texas and Carolina Bass rigs. Which is best and how to set each one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment