Friday, October 19, 2012

Mountain Hardwear Hueco 34 Backpack

Good Morning,

Still home and not out hunting so today we will talk about a different type of backpack... yes I own a lot of packs between myself, my children and my hunting buddies. You always need just the right one for the trip. 


Mountain Hardwear Hueco 34 Backpack
 
Let's talk a bit about the Mountain Hardwear Hueco 34 Backpack. It is considered a day pack, but can be used for overnight's or longer. This is a pack that you can feel comfortable taking to the office, your gym or that mountain climb you plan to make in two weeks. A pack that once again, is a top loader. I just can't say enough about how much better these type packs are. No side zipper's to snag and pull open, dumping your contents down the side of some gorge. Face it, you're not going to be gone long enough, that digging down to the bottom for something is going to present an obstacle you cannot get around. Besides, the bag isn't that big. Moving on.


 
I like the straightforward design, because being a top loader, by nature, it maximizes space. The pack itself, is made from a rubberized plastic material that makes it nearly impervious to abrasions and as an added bonus, water proof. If you've ever squeezed in between a couple of large boulder's or shimmied across a windy face, you know what abrasions can do to a pack. I especially like the lean design of this pack because when climbing, you don't really know it's there. The hardened foam backing is a plus, once again (no items poke through), The wide shoulder straps and hip belt, help with weight distribution, spreading it  evenly across the entire hip area. I never feel tired from carrying my packs, just from the long trips. That, is due to pack choice.
 
Although this backpack has a compartment for a hydration bladder, that item is sold separately. If you like the utility and ease of a hydration pack, then by all means contact your nearest retailer and obtain one. Myself, I prefer hydration packs, as I hate seeing water bottles discarded along the trails. But, if you like, there are water bottle side pockets. Also, if you take a look at the picture, you will note the dual ice axe loops at the bottom of the daisy chain (which I call, carabiner's loops) Overall, a great pack for just about anything you decide to throw at it.  Make the right pack choice for the right usage and you'll always rest easy at the end of a long day's hike or climb. Stay safe out there and I'll see you on the trail.
 
Next up, will be my final post in this series on the Mountain Hardwear packs. Enjoy the great outdoors and I'll see you on the trail. ~ Campingman

No comments:

Post a Comment